Monday 3 December 2012

Discovery of the Day - Lego Architecture

While teddy bear shopping for my little nephew I came across these wonderful creations by Lego.
The Lego Architecture Series combines & celebrates some of the worlds most iconic Architecture with one of the world’s most iconic toys.

From Villa Savoye to Big Ben, there's instantly recognisable landmarks & some other pieces that ask us to call on our creative minds (the New York Guggenheim falls a little short in my eyes).
Lego Architecture is perhaps an obvious idea but it doesn't make it any less appealing, personally, I'd like to see some more architects on offer, perhaps a Mackintosh or two (I'd love to see the Art School immortalised in Lego) or how they would tackle a Gaudi.
Out of those included my personal favourite has got to be the Robie House, but while I dream of the endless possibilities here's a selection of what's on offer... 


Farnsworth House - Mies Van der Rohe

Guggenheim - Frank Lloyd Wright

Robie Houe - Frank Lloyd Wright 
Sydney Opera House - Jørn Utzon

Villa Savoye - Le Corbusier & Pierre Jeanneret
Falling Water - Frank Lloyd Wright

All Images sourced from http://architecture.lego.com/en-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment